Zazzle has become quite popular, as a platform for print on demand products offering a range of items like custom t shirts, personalized mugs and unique home decor.
Whether you’re someone looking for one of a kind items or an artist hoping to make money from your skills Zazzle is the place to be.
In this review we’ll take a dive into Zazzles fascinating journey from its beginnings to its current status as a beloved platform.
We’ll also explore what sets Zazzle apart, from its competitors and how artists can earn money by showcasing their talents on this platform.
What is Zazzle?
Zazzle is a print-on-demand website offering a wide selection of over 75 products to choose from.
Despite facing competition in the market, Zazzle has successfully carved out a significant share for itself. With over 15 million monthly visitors, it stands out as one of the leading print-on-demand platforms globally.
Zazzle caters to various interests such as gaming, superheroes, horror, and TV shows. It is the go-to platform for enthusiasts in these categories.
Moreover, Zazzle is known for its quality products and excellent customer service, making it a preferred choice for many buyers and artists alike.
How Does Zazzle Work?
Zazzle operates like any other print-on-demand website. As a designer, you create unique designs to be printed on products like T-shirts.
When someone places an order, you earn profits as the designer, while Zazzle handles the printing and shipping processes.
This model allows artists to focus on their creativity without worrying about logistics.
Exploring the Product Range
Zazzle offers an extensive range of products, including T-shirts, mugs, phone cases, and more. These products are carefully selected by the designers for their listings.
As a buyer, you can browse and purchase the products that catch your interest.
As a designer, you have the freedom to choose from the entire catalog of 75+ products to showcase your designs.
The Buyer’s Perspective
Before we delve into any skepticism surrounding Zazzle, it’s important to acknowledge that no product or service is ever perfect.
Based on research and experience, some customers have occasionally raised concerns about receiving incorrect products or experiencing delays in shipping.
However, these issues can be mitigated as Zazzle offers email and chat support during specific weekday hours.
Payment Methods to Purchase Products on Zazzle
Zazzle indeed provides a convenient shopping experience by accepting various payment methods.
You can easily purchase your desired designs using your credit card or PayPal, making the process smooth and hassle-free.
Reaching Out to Zazzle’s Customer Support
Should you have any inquiries or require assistance, don’t hesitate to drop a message to Zazzle’s dedicated customer service team. They are always on standby to help and will respond to your questions as swiftly as possible.
Live Chat Support
For those who prefer instant responses, Zazzle provides a live chat feature. If a representative is available, you’ll see a blue chat icon at the bottom of this article. Simply click on it to initiate a chat and get your queries addressed in real-time.
For a more personal interaction, you can connect with Zazzle’s customer service team via phone.
If you’re within the United States, you can reach them at 1-408-983-2800 or 1-888-8ZAZZLE (1-888-892-9953) from Monday to Friday, between 9 AM – 5 PM PT (12 PM – 8 PM ET).
For those reaching out from outside the United States, please dial 1-408-983-2800. The phone support hours for international callers are from 5 PM – 1 AM GMT, Monday to Friday.
Is Zazzle Legit?
Before diving into why Zazzle is a legitimate platform, let’s take a moment to understand its credibility.
With an impressive 4.6 rating on Trustpilot with over 16,200 reviews, Zazzle has gained recognition among buyers.
Furthermore, Zazzle has been operating in the industry for many years, further reinforcing its trustworthiness.
I believe that is enough to help you realize Zazzle is a legitimate platform for selling and buying custom-designed products.
The Artist’s Perspective
For artists and designers, Zazzle provides a platform to showcase their creativity and earn profits.
The platform’s focus on search engine optimization (SEO) means that with proper SEO techniques, your listings can sell without extensive marketing efforts.
However, if you create complex and in-demand designs that evoke strong emotions, you can charge higher prices and still generate sales.
If you are serious about making money with Zazzle then keep reading the next part of this article where I will share a step-by-step way to make money with it.
How To Make $1000/Month Selling T-shirts On Zazzle in 2023
Before you begin, it’s vital to establish your objectives: What are your aspirations, and how do you plan to achieve them?
For example, let’s say your goal is to earn $1000 in profits. Assuming you make $10 per t-shirt sold on Zazzle, you would need to sell 100 t-shirts or any other product of your choice to reach your goal.
With a clear vision in mind, let’s delve into the definitive steps to transform your goal into reality.
Here are the two strategies that will guide you on how to make money with Zazzle.
Method 1: Capitalize on Trends and Demand
Identifying trending designs and pinpointing your target niche are critical aspects of this method. It’s not just about randomly searching trends on Google; you need to identify the specific niche you want to target.
For instance, if you discover that “Dog” t-shirts are currently trending according to Google Trends, you can create a related design and sell it on Zazzle.
Capitalizing on accurate trends will expose your designs to a larger customer base without the need for extensive marketing efforts.
Method 2: Sell Seasonal Clothing
With holidays like Halloween or Christmas around the corner, many people start their holiday shopping early. This presents an excellent opportunity for you to sell holiday-themed artwork on Zazzle’s wide range of 75+ products.
To make seasonal selling easier and more efficient, I recommend utilizing two valuable tools.
First, Vexels provides everything you need to kickstart your print-on-demand business, regardless of your design skills.
They offer thousands of print-ready designs, editable graphics, and niche-specific fonts. Sign up for Vexels to maximize your potential gains.
Secondly, consider using Designious, another time-saving resource for researching and designing artwork. With over 2,500+ print-ready designs and weekly updates, you can make a significant impact in your chosen niche.
Designers will find thousands of editable graphics that can help dominate their niche.
These two methods are not exclusive; you can even combine them for greater success.
For example, an artwork combining “Dog” and “Halloween” themes can appeal to both audiences and potentially generate substantial profits.
The key to successful sales lies in understanding people’s needs and creating emotionally compelling artwork that resonates with those needs.
Emotions play a crucial role in driving sales, so aim to create designs that evoke powerful emotions.
Now that you’re equipped with the knowledge to make money with Zazzle, let’s delve deeper into the process of creating designs and securing your first sale.
5-Step Guide to Launching Your First Zazzle Design (Bonus Tip For Rapid Growth)
Once you’ve identified your niche, follow these steps to ensure the success of your first Zazzle listing:
1. Creating a Design
This is a pivotal step that demands thoughtful consideration. Your design should strike a chord with your target audience.
Invest time in thorough research before crafting your design, as this will save you significant time in the long run.
If you’re unable to create your design or conduct in-depth research, consider using print-ready designs from reputable websites like Vexels and Designious (ensure you obtain the necessary commercial license for the designs to avoid legal issues).
Important points to consider about the designs:
- The size of the design should be 5000px X 5000px to ensure compatibility with all Zazzle products. Ensure the design is crystal clear with recommended pixel quality (2040px) for optimal printing results.
- Save the design file as a PNG format with a transparent background, unless a background is necessary.
Which one to choose, Vexels or Designious?
If you’re working with a budget of less than $100, Designious may be suitable, but it lacks certain features and some designs may appear outdated.
Personal recommendation: Vexels offers a comprehensive range of features, although it comes at a higher price point. It’s a worthwhile investment for those serious about their print-on-demand business on Zazzle.
|Total downloadable items||up to 100 downloads/mo||Limited access to its library|
|New designs per month||2 design requests/mo|
They will create a design based on your requirements
|Not specified nor you can do multiple requests|
|Key things||T-Shirt Maker, Mockup Generator, and Logo Maker||You can make t-shirts but not mockups or logo makers.|
|Total number of designs on the platform||Unlimited||33,000+|
|My personal favorite||I personally love Vexels as it can easily help you make custom designs||If you have limited use of the designs or you are okay with the lack of features you can get it.|
|Where to get it?||Vexels.com||Designious.com|
2. Uploading Your Design on Zazzle
This step is quite straightforward. Simply select your design file from your computer and upload it to the Zazzle dashboard. If you wish to create multiple listings, Zazzle also supports bulk uploads, allowing you to do so with just a few clicks.
3. Selecting Products
Your product selection should be guided by your research. Understanding what sells well will help you choose the right products. Focus on offering products that align with your customers’ preferences rather than your personal preferences.
4. Crafting an SEO-Friendly Description and Tags for Your Design
Create an SEO-friendly description and tags for your design that are optimized for search engine visibility. Incorporate relevant keywords such as “Santa” (if applicable), as well as related keywords like “quarantine” or “Labor Day.”
If you are selling a single product with a specific design, include the product name in the description, such as “Quarantine Labor Day T-Shirt.”
5. Publishing Your Design on Zazzle
Now, it’s time to publish your first listing on Zazzle. Before proceeding, ensure you choose the right colors for your products. Consider the demand and preferences of your target audience.
For example, for Christmas-themed designs, selecting a red color for your products can be a popular choice.
Additionally, you can offer products in various colors to cater to different customer preferences.
6. Bonus Tip for Rapid Growth:
While Zazzle works its SEO magic, if you’re eager to see faster results, consider leveraging Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat advertisements to drive traffic to your listing.
Effective marketing is essential for generating traffic to your listings.
You can also use social media organically to drive traffic. Take advantage of a tool called Placeit, which creates video mockups for your listing.
These video mockups feature real people wearing and moving with your design on their shirts. With a single click, you can create captivating video mockups.
Check out Placeit if you’re planning to market your listings. In the next section, we will discuss effective strategies for promoting your listings.
By following the above steps precisely, you can have confidence in generating sales. All that’s left to do is verify your PayPal email with Zazzle to receive your well-deserved profits. It’s that easy!
How Will You Get Paid As a Zazzle Creator?
As a Zazzle creator, you get paid through a royalty system. When you sell a product, you earn a royalty percentage that you’ve set on the retail price. Zazzle sends payments to creators through PayPal or check.
However, there’s a minimum balance requirement for payments. For PayPal, the minimum balance is $50, and for checks, it’s $100.
If your balance doesn’t reach the minimum payout limit, it rolls over to the next month until it does.
How to Effectively Promote Your Zazzle Design and Make $1000/month?
Promoting your print-on-demand business is essential for achieving significant growth. Please follow the steps given below step-by-step for a maximum chance of success.
Here are some effective strategies to promote your Zazzle listing:
1. Optimize Your Description and Tags (SEO):
Craft an SEO-friendly description with our FREE tool that aligns closely with your design. Focus on utilizing the main character or theme of your design as the main keyword.
By optimizing your description and tags, you can increase your chances of ranking high in search engine results and attracting potential buyers.
2. Advertise on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok:
Social media ads continue to evolve, and one effective approach is using video ads. High-quality videos tend to yield better conversion rates.
To simplify the process of creating engaging video mockups for your designs, consider using the tool called Placeit.
With just a few clicks, you can create captivating video mockups that can enhance your promotional efforts. Get started with Placeit today.
3. Engage on Reddit:
Reddit is a unique platform with a vigilant community that can quickly identify self-promoters and marketers.
Before promoting your listing on Reddit, it’s crucial to become an active participant in relevant communities for a few months. Once you’ve established a presence, you can occasionally share your listing.
Remember to approach Reddit as a community member and avoid overtly promotional language.
Respect the guidelines and culture of Reddit, which are filled with wit and humor. Check out Reddit’s Guidelines page for more insights.
4. Promote on YouTube:
With Placeit’s assistance, creating promotional videos and leveraging YouTube becomes more accessible.
If you plan to advertise on YouTube, consider utilizing Placeit for video creation.
However, if you have alternative options or prefer a different approach, feel free to explore them.
Additionally, if you want to maximize your YouTube presence and rank your videos #1 on both Google and YouTube, Video Marketing Blaster is worth considering.
5. Create Content on Social Media:
Building a presence on social media from scratch can be challenging and I consider it to be one the best FREE methods to promote your print-on-demand brand and for long-term consistent success.
Platforms to focus on for growing your customer base are Instagram Reels, TikTok Videos, and especially Pinterest Videos, which work best with female-related and festive products.
Consistency is key on social media, so use appropriate hashtags and aim to post frequently. Over time, your efforts will contribute to the growth of your Zazzle business.
Also, if you are going to create content on social media I will highly recommend you go get Placeit as it will really help you boost your business with its pre-designed videos.
As I have already mentioned on social media success comes with consistency hence you should post on social media every single day until you get your desired results for that I would recommend you go with either Ocoya or Feedhive.
6. Bonus Tip:
Consider running giveaways to generate interest in your products. Provide some of your items to individuals and encourage them to promote your products.
The more people who participate, the more exposure and potential sales you can generate. External customer promotion plays a significant role in expanding your reach.
Remember, when implementing these strategies, it’s advisable to take one step at a time instead of attempting everything simultaneously. Now, let’s assess if there are any downsides to Zazzle.
Is there Any Downside to Zazzle? (Designer’s Perspective)
Here are some of the downsides that have been observed:
1. Royalty Rates:
While Zazzle allows designers to set their royalty rates, it’s important to note that setting a high royalty rate can make the products expensive. This might deter customers from making a purchase. Finding the right balance between fair royalty and competitive pricing can be challenging.
As Zazzle continues to grow, so does the competition. In 2023, the platform has seen an influx of new designers, making it increasingly difficult to stand out. For new designers, this means that they have to put in extra effort in marketing and creating unique designs to gain traction.
3. Learning Curve:
For those who are new to print-on-demand or Zazzle, there can be a learning curve in understanding how the platform works. This includes learning how to optimize listings, understanding the product creation process, and figuring out what sells.
4. Product Quality:
While Zazzle generally maintains good quality products, there have been instances where designers have raised concerns regarding the print quality or material of certain products. This can affect the designer’s brand image if customers associate them with subpar products.
5. Payment Thresholds and Delays:
Zazzle has a minimum payment threshold, and for some designers, especially those who are just starting, reaching this threshold can take time. Additionally, there have been instances of payment delays which can be frustrating for designers relying on timely payouts.
6. Customization Limitations:
While Zazzle offers a range of customization options, some designers feel that the customization tools could be more advanced. This is particularly true for designers who wish to create highly intricate or specialized products.
7. Customer Service:
Some designers have expressed concerns regarding the responsiveness and effectiveness of Zazzle’s customer service. Having reliable support is crucial, especially when dealing with customer complaints or issues with listings.
Is Zazzle Legit?
Yes, Zazzle is a legitimate online marketplace that allows designers to sell custom-made products like t-shirts, mugs, and a variety of other items.
Founded in 2005, Zazzle has been in the business for over a decade and has established itself as a reputable platform for both designers and customers.
Points to Consider:
- Longevity: Zazzle has been around for more than a decade, which speaks volumes about its legitimacy and staying power in the market.
- Customer Reviews: The platform has received numerous positive reviews from both designers and customers, praising its quality of products and customer service.
- Secure Payments: Zazzle offers secure payment options, including credit cards and PayPal, ensuring that transactions are safe and secure.
- Quality Control: The platform maintains a high standard of quality for its products, and many designers have praised the print quality and material of the items they’ve sold.
- Transparency: Zazzle is transparent about its terms of service, fees, and how designers get paid, which adds to its credibility.
- Customer Service: Zazzle provides customer service support to address any issues or concerns, further establishing its legitimacy.
- Partnerships: Zazzle has partnerships with several brands and licenses, which wouldn’t be possible if it weren’t a legitimate business.
- Community: The platform has a strong community of designers and customers who engage regularly, providing social proof of its legitimacy.
- Global Reach: Zazzle operates in multiple countries and offers international shipping, indicating a broad and legitimate business operation.
Zazzle is a legitimate and reputable platform for designers to sell custom products and for customers to purchase unique, personalized items.
Like any other business, it has its pros and cons, but its longevity and positive reviews stand as a testament to its legitimacy.
FAQs About Zazzle
If you’re looking for alternatives to Zazzle, here are a few of my personal favorites:
- Pros: Redbubble offers a wide range of products and is known for its high-quality prints. It also has a strong community of artists.
- Cons: The platform takes a significant percentage of sales, and competition is high.
- Pros: Teespring provides various tools for marketing and analytics, making it easier for designers to promote their products.
- Cons: The platform has a limited range of products compared to Zazzle.
Want to know how you can use Teespring to make money in 2023? Learn here
- Pros: Society6 is known for its focus on art prints and home decor, offering a unique range of products.
- Cons: The royalty rates are fixed, giving designers less control over their earnings.
- Pros: CafePress offers a wide variety of products and allows designers to set up their own online shops.
- Cons: The platform’s interface is considered less user-friendly, and it takes a significant cut from sales.
- Pros: Printful offers a print-on-demand service that integrates with various e-commerce platforms, giving designers more control over their business.
- Cons: Designers have to handle their own marketing and customer service.
- Pros: Spreadshirt offers a good range of apparel and allows designers to set their own commission rates.
- Cons: The platform is more focused on apparel, limiting diversification into other product categories.
- Pros: Etsy allows for a wide range of custom and handmade products, giving designers a lot of creative freedom.
- Cons: Designers have to manage their own inventory and shipping, and the platform charges listing fees.
8. Fine Art America
- Pros: This platform is ideal for artists looking to sell prints of their work, with various framing and sizing options.
- Cons: The platform is less suitable for designers looking to sell a broader range of custom products.
- Pros: Threadless offers a community-driven approach, where designs are voted on before being produced.
- Cons: The platform is highly competitive, and not all submitted designs will be accepted for sale.
Click here to learn how to make money on Threadless as an artist in 2023.
- Pros: TeePublic offers a wide range of products and is known for its community of independent artists.
- Cons: Like other platforms, TeePublic takes a significant percentage of sales.
See the step-by-step way to make money on Teepublic in 2023 and beyond.
Conclusion – In a Nutshell
Zazzle stands as a robust platform in the print-on-demand marketplace, offering a plethora of opportunities for both designers and customers.
With its wide range of customizable products, user-friendly interface, and secure payment options, Zazzle has cemented its reputation as a legitimate and reliable platform.
- Diverse Product Range: One of Zazzle’s strongest points is its extensive product catalog, allowing designers to diversify their offerings.
- Customization: The platform offers advanced customization options, making it a go-to choice for customers looking for personalized items.
- Quality and Customer Service: Zazzle generally maintains high-quality standards for its products and offers responsive customer service, enhancing the overall user experience.
- Competition: As with any popular platform, Zazzle is not without its challenges. The increasing competition makes it imperative for new designers to bring their A-game.
- Royalty Rates: While the ability to set your own royalty rate is a plus, it can also be a double-edged sword if not managed wisely.
- Learning Curve: For those new to the print-on-demand business, there might be a learning curve involved in understanding how to optimize listings and what sells best.
In the grand scheme of things, the pros of using Zazzle outweigh the cons. The platform offers a viable avenue for creative minds to monetize their skills while providing customers with high-quality, personalized products.
However, like any business venture, success on Zazzle requires strategic planning, quality design work, and effective marketing.
Whether you’re a designer looking to showcase your creativity or a customer in search of unique, custom-made products, Zazzle offers a platform that caters to a wide range of needs and preferences.
Therefore, it’s safe to say that Zazzle is indeed worth considering for your print-on-demand journey.
Resources To Start Your Print-on-Demand Business
Do you have any personal questions about Zazzle or print-on-demand? Feel free to ask us here.